FREE FRENCH PRINTABLE WORKSHEETS FOR KIDS
At Camp Tournesol, our team of certified instructors is passionate about sharing free language resources with French learners everywhere. Our printable French worksheets are organized into themed workbooks which include essential vocabulary and phrases, as well as various fun activities.
Our free French worksheets are perfect for any child who wants to go above and beyond in improving their French skills. Language learning doesn’t have to stop outside of the classroom! Download these workbooks for a fun, educational, and convenient opportunity to boost your French anytime and anywhere.
The worksheets below are appropriate for children in both French immersion and core French programs. They are best suited for children ages 5 to 10 years old. Scroll down for tips on how to best use these worksheets!
Subscribe to receive our future workbooks in your inbox!
Tips on how to use these resources:
We recommend using the worksheets in the order in which they appear in each booklet. Our first few pages include important vocabulary and expressions that you may need to know in order to complete the later activities. The best way to learn the expressions is to say them out loud to someone or to try using them in a sentence of your own. If there is any word that you don’t understand, don’t hesitate to use a French/English dictionary! We recommend using Linguee.com or WordReference.com if you don’t have a paper dictionary handy.
Once you reach the activities worksheets in each booklet, make sure you check back to the vocabulary and expressions list to help you complete them. Reading the instructions and saying your possible answers out loud also helps with pronunciation and learning to use the words/phrases naturally. Most importantly, have fun and give yourself a pat on the back for completing the worksheets!
Fun ways to reinforce your learning:
- Read the helpful vocabulary and sentences out loud with with your child
- Do a scavenger hunt around your house to find examples of each vocabulary word
- Print and cut out the vocabulary worksheets with the included images to make flashcards or French labels for objects around the house
- Learn the sentences yourselves and use them around the house
- Have a friend over for a play-date and have the children do the activities together
- Ask your child to use the vocabulary in other sentences
- For the more ambitious learner: Try and make your own crossword or word-search with the rest of the vocabulary words!