FRENCH DAY CAMPS FOR CHILDREN
ages 6 to 12
REGISTER NOW FOR IN-PERSON CAMPS 2021!
This French camp program is offered to children who are in French immersion or French schools from SK to grade 6.
Campers in all of our programs enjoy weeks jam-packed with activities designed to support and enrich French learning. This program is exclusively offered to students in French immersion or French schools so that we can maintain entirely French conversation all day! This means that all activities are run in French and campers are encouraged to speak French to their counselors and peers.
In this supportive context, kids are encouraged to share, learn, and try new things. Activities and themes change week to week, so you can sign up for multiple sessions. See you there!
WHAT DO WE DO AT CAMP?
Our activities are carefully planned to create a perfect blend of French learning and FUN! The following modules will be carried out at the level of French that best suits your child.
9:00am to 4:00pm.
We also offer extended care hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm (at an additional cost) to accommodate parents’ busy schedules. See details here.
We make sure to maintain a maximum of 8 campers per every 1 counselor.
We form camper groups according to age and French level so that your child feels comfortable around their peers. Our counselors monitor their groups closely and will inform the team leader if a camper is not thriving at the given level and should switch groups.
We switch up our programming each week/session, so you can register for up to 8 weeks of fun in French! More than ⅔ of our campers attend multiple weeks.
Typically, we offer extended care and a pizza lunch. See details here.
Upon registration, each family will receive a detailed Parent Handbook PDF with all important information and schedules that you need to know before camp starts. We will also send out emails with any important updates, so make sure you’re on our mailing list!
We’re so glad you asked; this is our area of expertise!
We do not offer single-day or half-week pricing. Each week of camp must be paid for in full.
We are offering two options should a COVID outbreak or mandated lockdown occur forcing a closure of in-person camps:
1. You may choose to be automatically transferred to our virtual camps. Your child will be kept in the same camper groups and with their same counselor. All activities will be similar but will be modified to fit the virtual format. Read more about how our virtual camps work here.
2. You may choose to be refunded the cost of the remaining days or weeks of camp that you have registered for.
French Summer Day Camp
- Includes a free CampT t-shirt
- Extended care available from 8am - 5pm ($25/hour)
- Optional pizza lunch on Friday ($3.50/slice, $5/two slices)
- Early bird discount until Apr 30th ($20 off)
- Multiple week discount (4% off when registering for 3+ weeks at a time)
We have built a winning schedule for the week to ensure that children are engaged in positive and rewarding activities while exchanging in French and socializing with their peers in a safe environment.
- Children will be placed in groups of a maximum of 10 people including the caring counselor that will spend the week with them.
- Each group will be assigned their own physical space which will act as a bubble for them. Members of other groups will not be permitted to interact or enter that “bubble”.
- When outdoor space is available, each group will take turns spending time outside.
- The schedule ensures that children will have “mask-on” activities where social distancing is not possible, alternating with “mask-off” activities where they can safely play and engage in our activities while six feet apart.
- During some individual time, children will have their own kit for activities such as bracelet making, worksheets, and reading materials. You will receive a list of items that we will provide and items that you must send with your child.
- There will be no field trips during the week.
- We will adhere strictly to the safety guidelines issued by the Ministry of Ontario and will require our hosts to do so as well. Click here for more information.
- What if there is an outbreak or mandated lockdown? In the case that we must close our in-person camps, we will automatically transfer all campers to our virtual platform, keeping them in the same groups and with the same counselor. Activities will be similar but modified to fit the virtual format. Read more about our virtual camps here. You may also choose to recieve a refund for the remaining days of camp that will be missed.