VIRTUAL FRENCH SUMMER CAMPS
Spend some quality time with us in our virtual camps!
Our fantastic virtual camps are the perfect blend of academic and fun! Our French virtual camps will allow your children to spend quality time with an enthusiastic team while enhancing their French skills during the summer break!
To welcome you to the CampT family, here is a special coupon for $40 off your camp registration!
**Use this code at checkout for $40 off your registration! Open to all new virtual summer camp clients!
What do we do at camp?
Campers will rotate through a variety of activities! Each day will also include a rotation of academic-focused activities (reading, conversation and comprehension). Much-loved skits, songs and the imaginary campfire will certainly be included as well! Snack breaks are also scheduled twice per session.
These camps are designed to be both academic and fun; they include tons of opportunities to practice various French skills and socialize with peers
Summer Virtual Camp Schedule
We offer six programs to choose from to ensure your child is grouped with peers that have similar skill and age levels. We ask that you please register in the program that best describes your child’s French level. If you are uncertain, please contact us:
Campers who are francophone OR currently attend French immersion:
- Les Hiboux: Sk-Grade 1
- Les Loups: Grade 2-3
- Les Castors: Grade 4-6
Campers who are not in French immersion:
- Les Aigles: Sk-Grade 1
- Les Renards: Grade 2-3
- Les Caribous: Grade 4-6
Our French virtual camps will come to your house via the well-known Zoom platform. By now most children have grown accustomed to connecting virtually with their schools or our own programming. “Zooming” has become a verb! Our team has invested time and effort into becoming well acquainted with this platform and we are ready to take on the virtual world!
- A desktop, a laptop, or a tablet. As a last resort, a phone would do. Your device should be up to-date with the operating system and have an updated browser as well.
- You should have a good internet connection which allows you to reliably have video-conferencing.
- A quiet area where there isn’t too much background noise or distractions for your child.
- We would love to get them moving, so a bit of physical space around them is great! We will let you know in advance when their Get Moving module is held.
- They will be encouraged to participate in a craft module. Again we will let you know in advance when and what is needed for that. Don’t worry, we have lots of options for substitutions!
We have premium access to Zoom’s tools and security features, and have a direct line to Zoom via our account manager. We stay on top of any new releases and have investigated all safety features and measures to be taken. Your child will join us via their Zoom meeting ID, protected by a password. They will be admitted to the classroom via our waiting room and identified by our Campus Lead as soon as they enter. Users trying to enter who are not registered will be disconnected. Our meeting will be locked as soon as the day begins ensuring that uninvited users cannot join in. We disable private chat to ensure campers do not have an opportunity to bully or share content.
Children are grouped by age. The “bunk leader” follows your child during the programming and will drop in as needed. They are their go-to during the day.
After starting off with an exciting and engaging team rally cry, or “cri de ralliement”, children will go through three modules of programming each half-day, with bathroom and snack breaks spread throughout. (Please note we do not provide snacks.)
We are proud to have a team of highly qualified specialists delivering our specialized virtual French camp curriculum. Our instructors are fun, energetic and love FRENCH! Their mission is to make sure your child is engaged, laughing, and learning all at the same time.
- There will be a dedicated “bunk leader” that either stays with your child during the whole program or drops in during specialty programs.
- A responsible ‘Campus Lead’ will be present to coordinate all the camper groups.
- We have tech support on hand to ensure our platform and connection are secured and you receive the support you need.
- Our office staff will be working behind the scenes should you have any questions about your registration, scheduling and more.
Yes! Many of our campers return week after week. We change the theme and content each week to prevent too much repetition.
Unfortunately, we do not offer trial classes and there can be no refund or changes after the first day.
- There will be an administration fee of $20.00 (plus HST) PER week per camper withheld on all refunds.
- Refunds for the registration fees are ONLY issued for cancellations submitted 30 days prior to the beginning of camp. Any client-requested cancellations less than 30 days before the start of camp will unfortunately not be eligible for refunds.
Change of week or programs:
- Up to 30 days before the first day of camp, you may switch the week you are registered for at no charge, as long as there is space in the program.
- ONLY one free “week-switch” will be offered.
- Any subsequent requests for a change will incur a $10 administration fee.
- In cases where the “week-switch” involves the short week, where the fee of the new week is less than the original week, an administration fee of $10 plus HST will apply.
French Virtual Camp
- Includes free gift for each camper
- Choose from morning or afternoon sessions