FRENCH SUMMER DAY CAMP
AGES 4 TO 12
(insert 3 icons)
WHAT DO WE DO AT CAMP?
Our activities are carefully planned to create a perfect blend of French learning and FUN! The following modules will be carried out at the level of French that best suits your child. View a sample weekly schedule here.
FOR OUR WATER DAY SPECIAL: EACH CAMPUS WILL EITHER HAVE A WATER DAY ON SITE OR A FIELD TRIP TO SPLASH PAD!
WHICH PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR MY CHILD?
Below are the various programs we offer at our day camps. They are designed to suit the age and French level of the camper. Don’t worry; the correct program for your child will be automatically suggested for you during the registration process!
Day camps for French immersion and French students
French Day Camps (SK – Grade 6)
Our specialized programs developed to cater to specific age and fluency levels to promote French conversation beyond the classroom. Discover our original, flagship, and unique French day camps where fun and language go hand-in-hand. Over the years, they have encouraged thousands of campers to pursue additional French studies and fall in love with French. Learn More
NOTE: Registration is currently open for:
- French immersion campers in SK to Grade 4 (July and August)
- French immersion campers in Grades 5 and 6 (August ONLY)
Check back soon for updates!
CIT Counsellors in Training
The only Leadership program offered in French in Ontario, this structured program is designed to instill a sense of responsibility and leadership in our tweens, while also empower them to look for ways to be involved and make a difference in the younger campers’ experience. It will also train them for an eventual job as a counselor at Tournesol. Learn More
NOTE: We are currently not accepting CITs. Check back in late May for updates.
9:00am to 4:00pm.
We also offer extended care hours from 8:00am to 5:30pm (at an additional cost) to accommodate parents’ busy schedules. See details here.
We make sure to maintain a maximum of 8 campers per every 1 counselor.
We form camper groups according to age and French level so that your child feels comfortable around their peers. Our counselors monitor their groups closely and will inform the team leader if a camper is not thriving at the given level and should switch groups.
We switch up our programming each week/session, so you can register for up to 8 weeks of fun in French! More than ⅔ of our campers attend multiple weeks.
Typically, we offer extended care and a pizza lunch. See details here.
Upon registration, each family will receive a detailed Parent Handbook PDF with all important information and schedules that you need to know before camp starts. We will also send out emails with any important updates, so make sure you’re on our mailing list!
We’re so glad you asked; this is our area of expertise!
We do not offer single-day or half-week pricing. Each week of camp must be paid for in full.
We are offering two options should a COVID outbreak or mandated lockdown occur forcing a closure of in-person camps:
1. You may choose to be automatically transferred to our virtual camps. Your child will be kept in the same camper groups and with their same counselor. All activities will be similar but will be modified to fit the virtual format. Read more about how our virtual camps work here.
2. You may choose to be refunded the cost of the remaining days or weeks of camp that you have registered for.
French Summer Day Camp
- Includes a free CampT t-shirt
- Extended care available from 8am - 5:30pm ($25/per week per hour)
- Optional pizza lunch on Friday ($3.50/slice, $5/two slices)
- Multiple week discount (4% off when registering for 3+ weeks at a time)
We have built a winning schedule for the week to ensure that children are engaged in positive and rewarding activities while exchanging in French and socializing with their peers in a safe environment.
- Children will be placed in groups of a maximum of 10 people including the caring counselor that will spend the week with them.
- Each group will be assigned their own physical space which will act as a bubble for them. Members of other groups will not be permitted to interact or enter that “bubble”.
- When outdoor space is available, each group will take turns spending time outside.
- The schedule ensures that children will have “mask-on” activities where social distancing is not possible, alternating with “mask-off” activities where they can safely play and engage in our activities while six feet apart.
- During some individual time, children will have their own kit for activities such as bracelet making, worksheets, and reading materials. You will receive a list of items that we will provide and items that you must send with your child.
- There will be no field trips during the week.
- We will adhere strictly to the safety guidelines issued by the Ministry of Ontario and will require our hosts to do so as well. Click here for more information.
- What if there is an outbreak or mandated lockdown? In the case that we must close our in-person camps, we will automatically transfer all campers to our virtual platform, keeping them in the same groups and with the same counselor. Activities will be similar but modified to fit the virtual format. Read more about our virtual camps here. You may also choose to recieve a refund for the remaining days of camp that will be missed.
Please note that these protocols are in accordance with the latest guidelines from Public Health. As new updates to the guidelines become available, we will update our guidelines and protocols to match the up to date recommendations of the Public Health Guidelines.