FRENCH SUMMER DAY CAMP
AGES 4 TO 12
(insert 3 icons)
WHAT DO WE DO AT CAMP?
Our activities are carefully planned to create a perfect blend of French learning and FUN! The following modules will be carried out at the level of French that best suits your child. View a sample weekly schedule here.
FOR OUR WATER DAY SPECIAL: EACH CAMPUS WILL EITHER HAVE A WATER DAY ON SITE OR A FIELD TRIP TO SPLASH PAD!
WHICH PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR MY CHILD?
Below are the various programs we offer at our day camps. They are designed to suit the age and French level of the camper. Don’t worry; the correct program for your child will be automatically suggested for you during the registration process!
Day camps for French immersion and French students
French Day Camps (SK – Grade 6)
Our specialized programs developed to cater to specific age and fluency levels to promote French conversation beyond the classroom. Discover our original, flagship, and unique French day camps where fun and language go hand-in-hand. Over the years, they have encouraged thousands of campers to pursue additional French studies and fall in love with French. Learn More
CIT Counsellors in Training
The only Leadership program offered in French in Ontario, this structured program is designed to instill a sense of responsibility and leadership in our tweens, while also empower them to look for ways to be involved and make a difference in the younger campers’ experience. It will also train them for an eventual job as a counselor at Tournesol. Learn More
NOTE: We are currently not accepting CITs. Check back in late May for updates.
9:00am to 4:00pm.
We also offer extended care hours from 8:00am to 5:30pm (at an additional cost) to accommodate parents’ busy schedules. See details here.
We make sure to maintain a maximum of 8 campers per every 1 counselor.
We form camper groups according to age and French level so that your child feels comfortable around their peers. Our counselors monitor their groups closely and will inform the team leader if a camper is not thriving at the given level and should switch groups.
We switch up our programming each week/session, so you can register for up to 8 weeks of fun in French! More than ⅔ of our campers attend multiple weeks.
Typically, we offer extended care and a pizza lunch. See details here.
Upon registration, each family will receive a detailed Parent Handbook PDF with all important information and schedules that you need to know before camp starts. We will also send out emails with any important updates, so make sure you’re on our mailing list!
We’re so glad you asked; this is our area of expertise!
We do not offer single-day or half-week pricing. Each week of camp must be paid for in full.
If there is a mandated lockdown or COVID outbreak requiring us to shut down the camps:
1. You may choose to be automatically transferred to our virtual camps. Your child will be kept in the same camper groups and with their same counselor. All activities will be similar but will be modified to fit the virtual format. Read more about how our virtual camps work here.
2. You may choose to be refunded the cost of the remaining days or weeks of camp that you have registered for.
Day camps cancellations:
- For refunds that are NOT directly related to a reported COVID outbreak or mandated government lockdown, there will be an administration fee of $40.00 (plus HST) PER week per camper withheld on all refunds.
- In all cases, we will extend a 10-day grace period, following the day of registration, where the cancellation fee will be waived.
- Refunds for the registration fees are ONLY issued for cancellations submitted 30 days prior to the beginning of camp. Any client-requested cancellations less than 30 days before the start of camp, will unfortunately not be eligible for refunds.
- Refunds for meal plans, extended care or busing service are ONLY available more than 7 days prior to the beginning of camp.
- Extended care and/or busing and/or meal plan cancellations within the accepted period WILL incur a $5 administration fee unless the cancellation is done at the same time as the registration.
Change of week or programs:
- Up to 30 days before the first day of camp, you may switch the week you are registered for at no charge, as long as there is space in the program.
- ONLY one free “week-switch” will be offered.
- Any subsequent requests for a change will incur a $20 administration fee.
- In cases where the “week-switch” involves the short week, where the fee of the new week is less than the original week, an administration fee of $10 plus HST will apply.
- In the event that a family must cancel due to medical reasons prior to the first day of camp, a credit note may be offered with a doctor’s note. Only a credit note for future programs and for the registration fee is available. Please note that unfortunately, requests for credit notes for partial weeks can not be considered or issued. Campers who attend the program for any length of time can not receive compensation for time missed for any reason.
Although we benefit from a very high approval rate from the families who choose our camps, we make no guarantees that every child will appreciate our efforts. Therefore, in the unlikely event that a child is unhappy with our Camp Program, a refund will NOT be provided.
French Summer Day Camp
- Includes a free CampT t-shirt
- Extended care available from 8am - 5:30pm ($25/per week per hour)
- Optional pizza lunch on Friday ($3.50/slice, $5/two slices)
- Multiple week discount (4% off when registering for 3+ weeks at a time)